Ashland County Historical Society

Preserving the Heritage of Ashland County

Our Campus

Click on photos below to see additional history on each.

Dr. J.P. Cowan, a physician and member of the Ohio State Legislature and United States Congress, had the Manor House and accompanying Carriage House built in the 1850’s. Its stately appearance, thick walls and high ceilings made it a landmark, more...

 

 

 

The Eloise Ridgeway Noonan House was built in 1999 after a bequest from the estate of Eloise Noonan, long-time board member and supporter of the Society and museum. It is safe to say that without her help over the years, the museum would not exist today. The Noonan House is the administrative hub of the museum. The offices of the Director and of Programming and Acquisitions are there. More...

  

Many of the articles in the Carriage House were donated by members of the Thornburg family, most especially Robert Thornburg, who sat on our board and acquisitions team for many years.

The first floor of the Carriage House consists mainly of exhibits of industrial items from companies that served and employed Ashland residents. Myers, Faultless, National Latex, Hess and Clark, more...

 

Inside the Barn, guests will find antique farm tools and a wagon built in the 1800’s by John Studebaker and George Myers whose children became famous for the Studebaker automotive industry and F.E. Myers & Bro. pump company.